Sunday, March 11, 2012

Of Movie Sets and Good Food

Day one of my excursion is coming to a close. I just arrived back at St Francis Hotel for the night. Yesterday was filled with a smooth flight West, a stop in Old Albuquerque for lunch, and then on the road. Many highlights from day one- which included a stop at Eaves Movie Ranch. What a great stop, this is an old movie set that has been parts of some great movies. The most popular is Silverado; it is also site of the most photographed church in the country, and perhaps the world. The guy that runs it looks like he could be one of the stars. Dinner tonight at Maria’s, a fifty year old institution in Santa Fe. how I love to eat good food. We are at 7000 ft and I am beginning to feel it, I seem to have these moments of losing my balance and was wondering what was causing it…. But on we go…

In honor of the set I have decided to share a few favorite movie quotes (Westerns of course). 1. "Badges, We don’t need no stinking badges" - Blazing Saddles
2."Well... sir, you are a cowardly son of a bitch! You just shot an unarmed man!" "Well, he should have armed himself if he's going to decorate his saloon with my friend." Unforgiven..
3. “Well, if you're waitin' for a woman to make up her mind, you may have a long wait.” Pale Rider
4.“You see, in this world there's two kinds of people, my friend: Those with loaded guns and those who dig. You dig.” The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly.

Dinner was at a legendary Santa Fe spot, Maria’s and ended with the group walking thru snow to our coach….. Tomorrow is pack with action, our trusty Professor knows what’s up…

No comments:

Post a Comment